In Hindustan College of Science and Technology, Chemical Engineering Branch was Started in 2006 with intake of 60 seats. Near about 450 students have been successfully completed their B.Tech. from the department and working in various reputed organizations of Chemical Engineering field across the Globe.
Department always believes in holistic development of the students and for that organize various academic and extracurricular activities for the students in time to time.
To create a center for imparting technical education of international standards and conducting research at the cutting edge of technology to meet the current and future challenges of chemical and allied industries of the nation.
The mission of the chemical engineering department is to impart quality education in chemical engineering and allied areas, foster research and development, evolve innovative applications of technologies, encourage entrepreneurship and ultimately mould younger generation capable of assuming leadership of the society for the betterment of the country in an ethical manner.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide student graduates with a sound knowledge in Chemical Engineering fundamentals and to develop professional competency.
- To prepare student graduates for a successful career with excellent Communication skill, excellent aptitude, problem analysis skill, Design & Development of Project, and Individual & team work with values that meet the diversified needs of industry, academia and research.
- To promote awareness among student graduates towards issues of social relevance, Environment& sustainability and introduce them to professional ethics and practice.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering
solutions in a global, economic, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools
necessary for engineering practice