Year of Establishment: The department was established in the year 1996 with a vision to create qualified human resources required to meet the demanding challenges in core sector and in different emerging fields and allied sciences. Our mission is to deliver and impart quality technical education, impart necessary skills required to meet the dynamic and global challenges of the industry, establish knowledge based society through concurrent teaching practices and create an environment to pursue research activities.
Accreditation: NBA in the year 2003.
Courses Offered: 4 years B.Tech Program in Mechanical Engineering and 2 years M.Tech Program in Mechanical Engineering.
Approved Intake: 120 students for B.Tech Program and 18 students for M.Tech Program.
Faculty:16 talented and dedicated faculty members from reputed institutions of repute like IIT, NIT, DEI, etc., having rich academic, research and industrial experience.
Continuous efforts are made to build top of the line faculty members through appropriate services and proper trainings.
The department has excellent ambience and infrastructure. It provides a proper mix of academics and industrial exposure to the students. Along with this it also provides opportunities for research work.
Unique features of the department:
- It emphasizes on industry based educational practices.
- Strong bonding between students and faculty members
- Excellent retention ratio
- All Faculty members are PG or Doctorate
- Department provides training and guidance to students through various value added and skill development courses as per the requirements of industry.
We have established an exclusive research cell in the department in which faculty member and students work on different research fields. For this we have also installed an EDM machine along with different modelling and analysis software facilities, 3D Printer, CNC Machines (both production and table top lathe and milling machines).
- Department has well equipped labs such as Manufacturing Science Lab, Heat and Mass Transfer Lab, Theory of Machines Lab, Fluid Machinery Lab, CAD-CAM Lab, Engineering Graphics Lab, Engineering Mechanics Lab, Workshop Technology Lab, Measurement and Metrology Lab, I-C engine lab, RAC lab, etc.
- Every class room and seminar hall is well equipped with audio and visual aids like LCD projector, CPU, PA system, etc.
Departmental Library: Department has established a separate library for students with 475 books on various subjects of Mechanical Engineering in the premises of the Department, other than this a huge central library of the college.
Mechanical is an engineering discipline that involves the application of principles of physics for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of systems of mechanical nature. It requires a solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics. Mechanical engineers use the core principles as well as other knowledge in the field to design and analysis of motor vehicles, aircraft, heating and cooling systems, watercraft, manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, robotics, medical devices and more.
- Mechanical Engineering is a core branch of engineering and thus finds extensive applications in all fields of engineering and technology.
- With the rapid rate of expansion in the industrial sector as the Indian economy grows at a healthy rate, the employment potential for mechanical engineers is very high.
- Mechanical Engineers could work in many industries including private or public sector industries of various types and in various functions as Production Engineers, Works Engineer, Maintenance, Production Planning & Control, Quality Control & Assurance, Testing, Research, Development and Design, Technical Sales & Marketing, Service, Erection and Commissioning and several more.
- The need for Mechanical Engineers exists across almost all industry segments like Mechanical equipment and machines and tools; components like bearings, gears etc. consumer durables and white goods, aerospace, ship building and any conceivable product having parts and components. Mechanical engineers are also required in automobile, chemical, electronics, steel plants, oil exploration and refining, technical wings of armed forces, space research organization, etc.
- Further outsourced CAD / PROJECT PREPARATION / IT Applications and Software Development work related to Mechanical Engineering Industry segment absorb sizable number of Mechanical Engineers.
The sub disciplines of mechanical engineering are:
- Mechanics having composed of statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, fluid mechanics and continuum mechanics.
- Kinematics which is a study of the motion of bodies (objects) and systems (group of objects), while ignoring the forces that cause the motion.
- Mechatronics is an interdisciplinary branch of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and software engineering that is concerned with integrating electrical and mechanical engineering to create hybrid systems.
- Robotics is the application of mechatronics to create robots, which are often used in industry to perform tasks that are dangerous, unpleasant, or repetitive.
- Structural analysis is the branch of mechanical engineering (and also civil engineering) devoted to examine why and how objects fail. Structural failures occur in two general modes: static failure, and fatigue failure.
- Thermodynamics is an applied science used in several branches of engineering, including mechanical and chemical engineering. At its simplest, thermodynamics is the study of heat energy and its use and transformation through a system.
- Drafting or technical drawing is the means by which mechanical engineers create instructions for manufacturing parts.
- Thermal Engineering. Application in Power plant, Process industries.
- Aerodynamic finds application in Aerospace Industries.